[platform-ui-dev] Testing for M4

The remaining schedule for M4 is:
Mon Dec. 16 (today): get a testable build and start testing
Tue Dec. 17: test/fix
Wed Dec. 18: assuming all goes well, declare M4 done in the morning

For testing, please focus on the following areas.  Let me know if you have
any questions, or if you feel that there are other areas that need more
coverage.

Thanks,
Nick

---

Eduardo:
- Basic view and editor management
- Editor management changes
  - drop-down
    - key binding (Ctrl+Shift+W)
    - sorting/filtering options
    - actions on context menu (Save, Close)
  - editors view

Knut:
- Performance PRs:
27646 - Tasks view performance - verify that Location and In Folder
columns are correct
27510 - lazy creation of working sets
27359 and 27051 - Update Core is activated to collect features (should no
longer activate Update Core at all)
27355 - Restoring editor history item activates plugins
27147, 27304, 27378 - lazy view creation
- check other M4 performance PRs

Lynne:
- 21666, 27187 - validateEdit changes to copy/move/import
- Linked Resources changes:
  - advanced section in new file/folder wizards
  - copy/move/delete/rename in presence of linked resources
  - property page

Nick:
- Misc. PRs:
2066 - Bringing Tasks view to front on errors
18357 - [ActionSets] Action set ordering is not stable
26980 - ComboBoxCellEditor is too small
19346 - Dialog font should be activated and used by others
  - check our dialogs / preference pages / property pages only
    (other teams haven't stepped up to this yet)

Andrew:
- platform testing on GTK and Motif (see areas below)

Chris
- platform testing on Mac (see areas below)

Karen
- platform testing on Solaris (see areas below)

Platform testing should focus on recent UI changes mentioned above.
For example:
    - editor management changes
    - dialog font
    - linked resources