[platform-ui-dev] Accessibility of Workbench toolbar

Hi,
I was wondering whether is it really a good idea to restrict the user from contributing to the workbenchs main tool bar dynamically/programatically. I know its rather easy to do the same using the actionSets extension point. but u need to understand that in many cases this might not be the ideal solution. I have been going thru many articles and news groups posts (infatc i have myself posted queries..) trying to know as to how to achieve this.. nobody seems to know how to do this. Im presently using WSAD 4.0.3 which uses Eclipse 1.0. i dont think there have been any major changes to Eclipse in this respect.. Cud any one please tell me y is it not possible to add a tool bar item to the workbenchs main tool bar dynamically/programatically. If this can be done (i havent found any article which supports this) then pl do let me know how. there are many people out there who are quite intereseted to know abt it.
thanx
Ajay

 NIIT supports World Computer Literacy Day on 2nd December.
 Enroll for NIIT SWIFT Jyoti till 2nd December for only Rs. 749
 and get free Indian Languages Office software worth Rs. 2500.
 For details contact your nearest NIIT centre, SWIFT Point
 or click here http://swift.rediff.com/

Back to the top