Re: [platform-ui-dev] Splitting org.eclipse.ui

John,

you are right. The org.eclipse.core.resources plug-in is not needed - this
is a bug in our document.
Regarding SWT: the document assumed that SWT is not re-exported from the
JFace plugin.xml but only exported on the build path. It is probably more
convenient to re-export in the plugin.xml as well.

Dani

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           "John Arthorne"       |
|         |           <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxx|
|         |           >                     |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           platform-ui-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           09/24/2002 12:02 AM   |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           platform-ui-dev       |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                   |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] Splitting org.eclipse.ui                                                                |

Why is org.eclipse.core.resources listed in the requires list for the new
org.eclipse.jface plugin?  I don't know of any links between these two.

Also, the actual requires lists and build paths can be trimmed due to
implictly included exports.  For example, those that require
org.eclipse.jface will not need to explictly include org.eclipse.swt.  (I
realize you may have included those just for completeness, but I thought
I'd point it out)

                      "Kai-Uwe Maetzel"

                      <Kai-Uwe_Maetzel@oti.c        To:
platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      om>                           cc:

                      Sent by:                      Subject:
[platform-ui-dev] Splitting org.eclipse.ui
                      platform-ui-dev-admin@

                      eclipse.org

                      09/23/2002 03:22 PM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-ui-dev

Attached please find a document describing the details of splitting
org.eclipse.ui into several plug-ins and fragments.  We want to start with
the split as soon as the build submission for tomorrow's integration build
is done. This will be tomorrow morning ZRH time.  Please release all
changes you want to have preserved and don't release any code to
org.eclipse.ui after the build submission until the transition to the new
structure is complete. I'll send out a message as soon as we are done.
Please notice that splitting org.eclipse.ui is work in progress even beyond
this initial transition. Future changes should be less disruptive.  Clients
of the current version of org.eclipse.ui are not affected.

Kai

(See attached file: Description.html)