Re: [platform-ui-dev] Editors view feature or defect (?)

I had to implement my own history because you removed the
cycleEditors(boolean) method from WorkbenchPage this past spring. Nick had
removed this method back in the day because it wasn't being used, but when I
asked nicely he put it back for me. When it was removed a second time I
figured my luck had run out and just wrote my own history. If you'd like to
expose the workbench's editor history again (even internally), that would be
great.

The reason for the refresh is the email that I sent a few times (while
everyone was on vacation?) with the title, "Part closed notifications for
editor references?" I  wanted to discuss it before filing a bug report, but
when I didn't get a reply, it must have slipped my mind. I've opened Bug
23346 addressing this issue.

I had users complaining about this problem so I added the "Refresh" button to
give them a means of working around this bug in cases where I couldn't do
anything to help.

Here's the email in question:

######################################
Hola.

Is there any notification sent from the platform when an editor reference is
closed? I don't get part closed notifications for editors which are restored
at startup by the platform but are never activated by the user (thus, never
fully instantiated).

Background:
I have an editor management view which displays open editors in a table. When
the view is opened, I ask the workbench page for editor references and
display these references in the table. I also listen to part open
notifications to add newly opened editors to the view when their editor part
is opened. Finally, I listen to part close notifications to remove editors
from the table when they are closed. The problem is that if I don't get a
notification from the platform, I don't know when to remove the editor from
the view.

Thanks,
- Jared