RE: [platform-ui-dev] Editors view feature or defect (?)

 Jared,

 Do the <- and -> track only the viewed-editor history?  It seems that it tracks its own clicks as well....
 Using a simple example,
   1)  Start with a clean Eclipse with no Editors open
   2)  Open two editors A and B.  Click <- and -> once each time leads to the editor I expect.
   3)  Click <- several times.  Editor A is, as expected, still highlighted.  Now, click -> once:  I would expect that B be opened next -- however, I need to click as many number of the previous <- clicks + 1 in order to reach B.

 I noticed it in previous as well as current (09.09) version of EditorView.  Is this a defect or feature?
 This simple example is easy to figure out.  However, when there are many editors open, this behavior leads to confusion....  If this is a feature, I suppose I have gotten used to the stack-based history view of Ctrl+F6 and simply need to adjust to EditorView's behavior when using it; if this is not a feature, I suppose I have found a bug(?).

 Thanks,
 Philip

Back to the top