Re: [platform-ui-dev] Editors view.

I expect to have time to look at these changes today or tomorrow.

> Do you know if more people are already using this view? Do they use as
> fast view or do they reserve some space for the view?

Most of the folks in my lab are using this view now and judging from the
feedback I've received on the bug report (10941) and newsgroup, there are
other folks in the community using it as well. The only people in my lab who
don't use the view are the ones who haven't tried it. I haven't had anyone
use the view and then stop using it.

Everyone here uses it as a docked view, but I had a feature request from
someone using it as a fast view so it's apparently being used that way as
well.

- Jared

On Monday 09 September 2002 11:48 am, you wrote:
> I just took a first look in the editors view here are some
> comments/requests.
> If decided that a view is the way to go, it will replace the switch
> editors dialog. We need to get all feature of that dialog which are
> request from users and incorporate in the editors list view. Here is the
> list of features:
>         * show the full path name - that could be implemented with a table
> or an option to show/hide the full path name
>         * save selected editors.
>                * show dirty state of editors (* in the label).
>         * select clean editors and invert selection so you can easy close
> non-interesting editors.
>         * show editor from all windows (check/uncheck option) .
>
> Please let us know if you will have the time to do it. I was thinking
> about deleting the dialog forcing people to use the view and give us some
> feedback. Maybe we could change the accelerator and the action to open the
> view.
>
> BTW: I like the idea of having a list of editors around. I am not sure yet
> if it should be a view or something else but it looks promising.
>
> Do you know if more people are already using this view? Do they use as
> fast view or do they reserve some space for the view?
>
> Eduardo.

Back to the top