RE: [platform-ui-dev] [Editor Mgmt] Make EditorManager$Editor adaptable

I don't think this type of View (List of open editors) is useful.  I find the set of open Editors to be irrelevant, and it would encourage bad habbits (i.e. not closing editors open just so they stay on a list somewhere.  Startup/shutdown, and overall performance would be affected).

Much more interesting is the set of *resources* which I am currently working with, regardless of whether they are open or not.  This list could be maintained manually, but also dynamically appended.  For example, a "scratched" or unreleased file might immediately appear on the list.  A global list of un-released resources gets you 90% of the way.  And such a list wouldn't change, update, or re-sort nearly as often.

The current Bookmarks view could be modified or cloned to create such a view.  All it needs is Drag-and-Drop support (currently you have to have an editor  open to create a bookmark).  And perhaps multiple bookmarks in the same file could be grouped together under a TreeItem.

Back to the top