[platform-ui-dev] Editor part from a text widget? [Position history]

Hola.

I'm taking a look at Bug 5700 - "Back/forward actions", which deals with the
feature request that would allow users to navigate through a history of
positions in editors. This would allow you to hit F3 to browse some code,
then go back to where you started.

To familiarize myself with the kind of notifications that are already
available in this area, I'm playing with mouse and key listeners for tracking
the position of the cursor. MouseEvents are fired with a widget, which is a
StyledText widget for the editor. I'm looking for a way to get from this text
widget to the enclosing editor part, but I haven't found anything yet.

Is there a path to get the EditorPart that contains a StyledText widget?

Thanks,
- Jared

Back to the top