Re: [platform-ui-dev] Workbench editor cycling

The view has forward/backward history navigation, but I had to implement my
own history mechanism (not hard). I'm not sure why the old API was removed,
but I believe it had something to do with the migration to "light editors"
(at least that's when the change was checked into CVS).

- Jared

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 04:40 pm, you wrote:
>  :-)  Well, the last response from you in the April thread (BTW, searching
>  : was what I did to find that thread) does not indicate where to find the
>  : information next.  Looking for your name next to platform-ui-dev threads
>  : is how I find your recent thread.  Do a search on your name would return
>  : too many unintuitive results.
>
>  One feedback about this is: it will be great if the cycling-editor list is
> available as a pull-down from the editor area (I would rather have recent
> navigation history pulldown than a left-and-right editor tab navigation).
> I simply find Ctrl-F6 to be quite an unintuitive feature and couldn't quite
> believe that a nice feature like this will be hidden from the visible UI.
> The forward and backward history navigation is such a popular and useful UI
> feature (e.g. the browser we use everyday, the Eclipse's own help system,
> and so many other everyday examples) that it surprised and disappointed me
> to find that such feature is not bundled with the workbench.  The April
> thread even mentioned that such API wasn't supposed to be publicly
> available, which would hinder your contribution on this(?).
>
>  Glad to find that at least someone has thought about this and even
> contributed a view.  :-)  I will let you know how it works.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Philip

Back to the top