[platform-ui-dev] Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT & Native widgets

I always find this kind of discussion interesting... You do understand that there are two conflicting constraint sets going on here, right? If I was to make that dialog change to match the GNOME guidelines, it would no longer match the Eclipse ones. Ok, that's probably not true (I haven't checked), but you see what I mean.

The truth of the matter is, that there are times when you need to look like the platform, and times when you need to look like yourself. Just think of all the Eclipse documentation, training material, etc. which would need to be changed each time a new platform comes out if we couldn't even assume that we would have the same message text in the dialogs. Ugh.

Eclipse is big. So is GNOME. We need to *compromise* on issues like this, not fight about them.

McQ.