Re: [platform-ui-dev] Markers

Ben,

The icons shown for problem and task markers in the Tasks view are
currently hardwired in the code and cannot be changed.
Please enter a feature request in Bugzilla against Platform-UI if you need
this.

As for change notification, markers are part of the core workspace (in the
org.eclipse.core.resources plugin).  So changes to markers are reported in
the workspace delta.
See IWorkspace.addResourceChangeListener(...), IResourceChangeEvent.getDelta(), and IResourceDelta.getMarkerDeltas().
You might also want to check out the "Mark my Words" article, if you
haven't already, at
http://www.eclipse.org/articles

For the JDT question, please post a question in the newsgroup (and include
a few more details).

Regards,
Nick

<ben.cowley@xxxxxxxxxx>