[platform-ui-dev] Is earlyStartup == lateStartup

I am currently experimenting with adding another webapp to eclipse. Since I
must ensure that the webapp is running
right from the beginning my plugin implements IStartup and defines the
corresponding extension point. While testing
the plugin I found out that both first startup and then earlyStartup is
called on the plugin and both method calls occur
in the same separate thread.

What is the rational behind having earlyStartup? Would it be enough to only
call startup() ? Then we could remove
IStartup and only need the extension point which would make it easier to
understand.

Dirk

Back to the top