[platform-ui-dev] Taking control of the editor in Eclipse

Hi all,
For my thesis I am trying to use a java GUI to communicate to the eclipse editor,this window(GUI) can be attached to the eclipse platform. The window has the ability to take control of the editor.By control I mean that the function of this window can allow or disaallow any type of typing or editing in the editor. As this will be a distributed system,so the control of the window will be in some one elses hands. Frist of all to start this project I need to have a listener attached to the editor,that will take care of the typing part. Now as there is so much code involved in the platform that take care of the things and my lack of experience is creating some problem for me in locating that particular plug-in or a set of them, that take cares of this part. Secondly I know that eclipse editors work on IDocument and IDocumentProvider,but both these classes simply call other functions and utilize.My understanding of attaching a listener is that you simply implement a listener to a class,now in the case of eclipse there are so many classes as well as plug-ins that are involved in it. So I need a favour and that is, if I can get to know which classes are directly or indirectly involved for providing basic functionality to the editor so that I can extend my work from there.

I will appreciate your helping me.

Thanks

Adnan