[platform-ui-dev] Workbench window activation & de-activation

Launch configurations in the debugger support the ability to switch to a user-specified perspective after launching.  Suppose there are two workbench windows open, JP which contains only the JavaPerspective, and DP which contains only the DebugPerspective.  Suppose the user brings up the LaunchConfigurationDialog from JP and launches a configuration that is marked to switch to the debug perspective.  The method IWorkbench.showPerspective() correctly finds that DP contains the DebugPerspective, and DP is made the active window.  However, some short later time, the LaunchConfigurationDialog closes.  It appears that since the LaunchConfigurationDialog had JP as its parent, when the dialog closes, JP is made the active window.  The result is that when the user launches from the LaunchConfigurationDialog, there is some flicker, and the wrong workbench window is left active.  Is there any way around this?  ! I don't see any API on the Dialog hierarchy that could control what happens (who is made active) when the dialog closes.  Am I correct in thinking that it's always the dialog's parent that's made active when the dialog closes?

Thanks,
Joe

Back to the top