[platform-ui-dev] content-assist

Been reading the list for a couple of weeks now. I hope this is the right
place to discuss things like this. Apologies if not.

I've been using the 20020214 stable build. I like the present functionality
of the content assist (auto complete) but would like to be able to have the
package name completed and be allowed to select sub-packages. Currently,
when I highlight a package name, I do not know how to get eclipse to add a
particular name to my present package structure and continue drilling down
(other than just seeing the package name and typing it manually. It would be
great if, say, the tab key updated the current display to append the
highlighted package ( without the .*; ) and then allow me to either select a
"*", type another "." (trigger for subpackage display),  or a contained
class.

Back to the top