[platform-ui-dev] Re: view placeholder

Dan,

Info: In the future, please send e-mails to the platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
mailing list. For legal reasons, we need to keep these type of e-mail
exchange public.

Thanks for your interest in doing this. It should be fairly simple. The
best way to proceed is to add a comment to bug 11490 to indicate you will
be working on this. When you have the code done, attach the modified java
files to the bug report and then send an e-mail to the ui-dev mailing list.

If you need instructions to get the latest code, see the FAQ ("How do I use
the eclipse to develop eclipse?" and "How do I submit a fix for a bug?").

As for testing, the code changes should not cause change to past behavior
(i.e if you go with a new attribute, it should default to true to keep the
current behavior). Once you are satisfied your code works, submit it. We
will look at it and integrate it into the latest code stream.

Again, thanks for helping out!

Simon :-)

                      Dan Rubel
                      <cpsws-support@instanti         To:      "Simon Arsenault" <simon_arsenault@xxxxxxx>
                      ations.com>                     cc:
                                                      Subject: Re: view placeholder
                      03/18/2002 10:34 AM

As per your request, I'd be happy to take a crack at implementing the
request I made on the newsgroup (bug 11490).  I've been working on the
CodePro product since its inception so I'm familiar with Eclipse and
plugins, but I don't know the process for testing changes to the core
eclipse code or for submitting those changes to you folks.  Where should I
start?

Thanks!

- Dan Rubel
  Principal Member of Technical Staff