Re: [platform-ui-dev] How do I ask if editor is pinned?

Browsing search results is very often a read-only interaction.  I
frequently use search to learn how to use API or to see references to my
own API.  Very seldom do I intend to edit the results view in place.  I am
in favor of a Search perspective similar to Leapfrog.

P.S.  Are you sure you meant to say orthogonal?

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           Kai-Uwe Maetzel       |
|         |           <kai-uwe_maetzel@oti.c|
|         |           om>                   |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           platform-ui-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           01/31/2002 04:31 AM   |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           platform-ui-dev       |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                     |
  |       To:       platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  Re: [platform-ui-dev] How do I ask if editor is pinned?                                                             |

What is the rational behind a search perspective?

For me, searching is not an independent task. It's orthogonal to the task I

am working on and the context I am working in. The working context
potentially implies the search scope but even this is not for granted.

Kai