[platform-ui-dev] File selection dialog that allows a directory?

I'm looking for a standard dialog I can use to let the user select either a file or a directory.  The SWT dialogs (at least on WinXP) appear to allow one or the other but not both.  In other words, the FileDialog allows *only* a file selection and the DirectoryDialog allows *only* a directory selection.  The problem with this is that it forces me to create two buttons, one for "Add file" and one for "Add directory" where one would really do the job.  It also forces the user to decide whether they're adding a file or directory before they've had a chance to look at their file system.  Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Joe

Back to the top