Re: [platform-ui-dev] RFC: Key Bindings Proposal (end date = Dec 14, 2001)

Hi,

the proposal most of the time talks about editors. From JDT we know, that view parts need short cuts for actions too.
What's about short cuts like open type hierarchy, or open on selection or delete. View parts don't contribute to the
global menu bar. To get short cuts inside view parts we either implement our own key listeners or we used ActionSets.
What will be the story for view parts ?

Editor actions are also applicable to domain elements. For example the editor indent actions is also useful in a view
showing Java fields, methods, and types.

How do we avoid that a global menu bar short cuts steels a short cut implemented in a view part by using a key listener.
Or is the idea that any actions that has an short cut has to be declared via XML.

Dirk

Simon_Arsenault@xxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07.12.2001 18:47