Re: [platform-ui-dev] build vs. rebuild etc.

Agreed.  My personal favourite solution to this is change all related menu
entries to "Build" and "Rebuild" and let the context play.

Taking this approach, one is faced with should the build-related entries
appear on the navigator menu when:

- there are no project resources selected.
- there are several resources selected (all within a project) and the
project is selected
- there are several resources selected from several projects and one
project is selected
- there are multiple projects selected but no other resources
- there are multiple projects selected as well as some other resources
- ...

This is essentially a rhetorical list of questions.  A spec discussing the
build/rebiuld menus should address these.

Jeff

[snip]

*        [reply to rodrigo]
        Project pop up menus should not have the word "project" in their
options. If this redundancy is actually needed then it means the operations
themselves are semantically unclear. We don't tack "Project" on the ends of
other popup operations. Hopefully this will be improved by the rename of
the Project menu.

Back to the top