[platform-ui-dev] build vs. rebuild etc.

A side issue from the proposal was the discussion of build etc. Here is my 2c (it appears we are amassing a small fortune with everyones 2c <grin>).

*        It is challenging for a new user to understand the distinction between a
        build vs. rebuild.   (e.g. Rebuild All  vs. Rebuild Project,  vs. Build Project)

        Even experienced users sometime pause as they choose these operations.

*        [reply to simon]
        Perhaps some users coming from other IDE's have experience with these kinds of names but relying on an eclipse user to first user another product is bad, and secondly a user from those other products will have to verify the operation actually does the same thing. I also don't think those users will get confused if we may the operations clearer in meaning.

*        [reply to rodrigo]
        Project pop up menus should not have the word "project" in their options. If this redundancy is actually needed then it means the operations themselves are semantically unclear. We don't tack "Project" on the ends of other popup operations. Hopefully this will be improved by the rename of the Project menu.

Back to the top