Re: [platform-ui-dev] RFC: Cut, Copy, Paste Proposal (end date = 12/03)

"Cut from the tree" would only be something we should encapsulate if the tree widget itself provided this functionality, and even then only if we believe that it was likely to be provided in a compatible way on a significant number of the platforms and that we believed it could be emulated on the others.

Also, I think it's important to actually check what the other window systems do before you make decisions about this. For example, the linux I am running on my desktop doesn't support the Cut operation in the file explorer at all (probably to avoid the very problems you are running into).

McQ.

"Nick Edgar/OTT/OTI" <Nick_Edgar@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/29/2001 11:01 AM