Re: [platform-ui-dev] RFC: Cut, Copy, Paste Proposal (end date = 12/03)

In the Navigator, we won't allow the user to copy projects and
files/folders simultaneously.  Also, only sibling elements in the tree can
be copied simultaneously (this is how copy currently is enabled in the
Navigator).  This should make it clear for the user as to what he can copy
(and, bonus, it's easier to implement).

Karice

                    "Dirk Baeumer/ZRH/OTI"
                    <Dirk_Baeumer@xxxxxxx>         To:     platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    platform-ui-dev-admin@e        Subject:     Re: [platform-ui-dev] RFC: Cut, Copy, Paste Proposal (end
                    clipse.org                     date = 12/03)

                    11/29/2001 05:09 AM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-ui-dev

One open issue for me is how we handle selections that are heterogeneous.
Consider the
following example: in the packages view someone selects Java elements (e.g
Compilation
Units) and resourses. Now  the user executes Copy. What do we actually copy
to the
clipboard:

- a sepcial Transfer that deals with resources and compilation units
- only the compilation units
- only the resources
- all selected elements as resources. We convert the compilation units to
resources. But in
  this case we loose some information.
- we don't allow copy in this situation (would be hard for the user to
understand since he doesn't
  see any difference between compilation units and resources)

Dirk

   "Karice McIntyre/OTT/OTI"
   <Karice_McIntyre@xxxxxxx>            To:
   Sent by:                     platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   platform-ui-dev-admin@eclips         cc:
   e.org                                Subject:        [platform-ui-dev]
                                RFC: Cut, Copy, Paste Proposal (end date
                                = 12/03)
   26.11.2001 23:31
   Please respond to
   platform-ui-dev

Please provide comments on the following proposal by 12/03.  This is not a
call for committers to vote.

(See attached file: cut-copy-paste-proposal.zip)

Back to the top