Re: [platform-ui-dev] Undo/Redo Proposal - follow up to ui gestures

Agreed. However (as a clarification) you need to distinguish those UI gestures that have model impact from those that don't. For example if you support undo for deletion, moving etc. of files in the navigator then drag/drop gesture should be undoable, similarly for drag/drop in a text editor. However resizing a view, or moving a toolbar is not an undoable action.

However, as a side observation I suspect several people would argue that they sometimes inadvertantly rearrange their ui and would like a way to undo the mistake (not by using the undo stack) or to lock down a layout. Personally I am not a fan of the latter because the times when I want to tweak something I have to first unlock the layout..

"Nick Edgar/OTT/OTI" <Nick_Edgar@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/23/01 10:07 AM
Please respond to platform-ui-dev