Re: [platform-ui-dev] Tasks view filter question

Hi,

I am confused.  On Nov 15 and 16th two questions were posted in an email to
this mailing list.  The first concerned the tasks view, as shown below, and
the second concerned view contribution to menus.  Normally questions like
these would be posted to the Eclipse news group, and the community at large
would answer them.  This is probably a good way to go, because it leads to
general spread of knowledge outside those who are signed onto the ui
mailing list.

I object to the use of this mailing list as a pseudo news group with direct
access to developer mind space.  It is a waste of my time to get spammed
with questions.

That being said, what is the appropriate content for the mailing list ?  I
might suggest that it be limited to the following ..

1. Implementation proposals for new features, which are a priority 1 or
priority 2 item in the schedule.
2. Feedback on those proposals.

If you have a feature request, or a question, use the news group.  It can
be prioritized and delt with in the normal way.

If you strongly disagree with my proposal, I suggest we create a new
newsgroup for UI questions only.  If the 15th and 16th are any indication,
the current situation is infeasable.

Dave

                    "Rozenberg, Ilya"
                    <IRozenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx        To:     "'platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx''"
                    m>                             <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    platform-ui-dev-admin@e        Subject:     [platform-ui-dev] Tasks view filter
                    clipse.org                     question

                    11/15/01 02:32 PM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-ui-dev

Is there a way to programmatically set Tasks view filter to "On selected
resource only"?

Ilya Rozenberg