Re: [platform-ua-dev] Adding in new tab item to the Eclipse 3.4 Help System UI

There is not an extension point . In order to make the webapp extensible we would have to make a lot of the _javascript_ into API which isn't a direction we want to go in at present because we may decide to revamp the appearance of the webapp which would have the effect of breaking any extensions.

Chris Goldthorpe

From: James <james.sugrue@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse Platform User Assistance component developers list." <platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/10/2008 08:18 AM
Subject: [platform-ua-dev] Adding in new tab item to the Eclipse 3.4 Help        System UI

Hi

I've been investigating the possibilty to add a new tab in the Eclipse (3.4) Help System to contain a glossary.
Firstly, I should ask if this has this been done already?

I've taken the help plugin source and have managed to add in a new tab easily enough by manipulating the LayoutData class. But I'd like to know if there is an extension point available to contribute extra tabs and define their content.

It looks like it would be a considerable amount of work to write this. If this doesn't exist and I can find a good way of doing this I am happy to contribute the code back.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Thanks
James