Re: [platform-ua-dev] Infocenter 3.3 doesn't accept "?toc=" url parameter

The behavior did change since Eclipse 3.2. Eclipse 3.2 only allowed one book to be open at a time and the id of that book was passed in to the help system using the "toc" parameter. Eclipse 3.3 allows multiple open books and uses AJAX to read new content. The parameters passed in to the jsps and servlets are not considered API and are subject to change from one release to the next so this is not a bug. It's a change in a non API interface.

Chris

gloria.s.goyena@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-ua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/27/2007 03:00 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform User Assistance component developers list."        <platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-ua-dev] Infocenter 3.3 doesn't accept "?toc=" url        parameter

To access top level docs in infocenter, we use the format:
http://infocenter/help/index.jsp?toc=/plugin_id/toc.xml

Eclipse 3.3 doesn't seem to allow the "toc" parameter in the query string.
Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
--Gloria