Re: [platform-ua-dev] Using jsp-based content with InfoCenter?

Hi,

Only the org.eclipse.help.webapp plug-in is running as webapp and Eclipse plug-in in the context of app server and Eclipse runtime.  Other plug-in (documentation) in the simplest, documented ways are just Eclipse plug-ins.  Dynamic content can be achieved by contributing IHelpContentProducer from documentation plug-in.  The producer is free to retrieve or produce content in any way.  If you have external server, possibly serving JSPs, or write documentation plug-in as a webapp and register with an appserver (help uses internal org.eclipse.help.internal.appserver.AppServer), you can write content producer to forward to them.

Konrad Kolosowski

"Fernandez, Joe" <jfernandez@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/13/2006 10:22 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform User Assistance component developers list." <platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-ua-dev] Using jsp-based content with InfoCenter?

Hello all,

I am attempting to integrate an existing jsp-based help system into the InfoCenter to be run in stand-alone mode. I've successfully created and configured a plug-in that displays plain html content, but my attempts to use jsp-based content have failed so far.

It seems like this should be possible, since the org.eclipse.help.webapp plugin is obviously jsp-based, but so far I've been unable to find the correct information as to how to configure a doc plugin that displays jsp pages in InfoCenter.

I have spent the last two days digging through the Eclipse documentation on the Help system and InfoCenter trying to figure this out, but so far the answer has eluded me. My questions:

1. Can you all confirm or deny that using jsp pages in a doc plugin is possible?

2. If so, how do I configure my plugin to use jsp?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Joe Fernandez  | Senior Technical Writer | eBay Developer Tech Docs _____________________________________________________________________________
AIM: joefer2jtw | Yahoo IM: joe_tech_writer