[platform-ua-dev] Need help with Eclipse book.css file

Can anyone point me to an in depth discussion and/or book on how css [for the help files] works in eclispe? I don't mean the css technology, I mean how the style sheets are packaged and why there is so much indirection. I still haven't been able to locate the actual css file that comes with the help plugin. I see a book.css stylesheet but when I open it, there is one line: @import "../PRODUCT_PLUGIN/book.css"; and since there is no "product_plugin" directory...(or any comment for that matter explaining how this line is resolved) I have to assume this is a pointer to some other directory-- but how is it resolved and where do I find the css for each platform and more to the point, how can I change it? Clearly it's getting the styles from somewhere.

When I did a search on my eclispse installation, I noticed a number of css files (some zipped, others not; a narrow-book.css, etc.) In any event, it would be enormously helpful to know how the eclipse helpdoc backend works.

I know about setting up the toc.xml and the html files, etc. What I'm having the most trouble with is understanding how the CSS is resolved for all the platforms.

Thanks!

Back to the top