Re: [platform-ua-dev] Comments about some Eclipse 3.2 features

- Is there a way to hide the summary displayed for each hit?

* In the dynamic view, you can toggle the summary off from the local tool
bar. The Help window doesn't have this toggle for now (we will revisit the
entire standalone Help window in 3.3)

-  for non javadoc files, the summary contains the first heading, which
duplicates the title info.

* Curtis, we used to have a few lines of code that removes the duplicate
heading from the summary to avoid this problem. Can you check if this code
is only in the Help view. If so, we should consider moving this code from
the view itself to the indexer (the part where we add the summary in the
index) so that both the view and the Help webapp have identical results
without duplication.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Development 1A
D1/R0Q/8200/MKM
IBM Canada Ltd.
Tel. 905 413-2745  T/L 969-2745
Fax. 905 413-4850

             "pierre _"
             <pican123@hotmail
             Sent by:                  platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-ua-dev-b                                          cc
             ounces@xxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [platform-ua-dev] Comments about
                                       some Eclipse 3.2 features
             04/12/2006 08:21
             AM

             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
              User Assistance
                 component
             developers list."
             <platform-ua-dev@
               eclipse.org>

Hi,
I continued testing Eclipse 3.2 M6 and I have a few comments/questions.

Thanks for your help,
Pierre

* Help keyword index
1) when you select a keyword entry in the "index tab" of the help window,
the line becomes highlighted and the text becomes unreadable (cf
attachment).

2) the documentation for the org.eclipse.help.index extension point is
available in the Eclipse 3.2 M6 distribution.
But it is neither accessible from the toc
(org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/topics_Reference.xml) nor from the "Platform
Extension Points" topic
(org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/index.html).

* Search results
Is there a way to hide the summary displayed for each hit? Or to configure
how the summary is determined?
- for javadoc files, the summary contains javascript code (function
windowTitle()...) and the items of the "navigation bar" (Overview, Package,

Class etc...)
ex: try searching for "antRunner" and look at the "org.eclipse.ant.core"
result

- for non javadoc files, the summary contains the first heading, which
duplicates the title info.
ex: look at the other results for the above query

[attachment "keyword_index.png" deleted by Dejan Glozic/Toronto/IBM]