Re: [platform-ua-dev] searching dynamic content: two approaches

Curtis,
From an end user's perspective, you have two rules of thumb that you should live by :

" Get it right, and get it right the first time. "
" You only have one chance to gain trust, miss it and you miss that chance. "

my point, regardless of reason, you cant afford to show a document that is filtered out... I'm on linux, why do you want to show me a Windows document?
In doing so, you lost the end user's trust, and you lost the chance to do it right, the first time.

One approach: was there a feature to "globally" enable/disable filtering of Help documents? If yes,  if the user chooses to enable filtering (based on platform, os, ....) then search results should be filtered. If the user does not filter documents (which means he is interested in reading all) then you give him all in search results.

just a personal opinion...

regards,

Mazen Faraj
Technology Strategy Consultant,