[platform-ua-dev] searching dynamic content: two approaches

I'd like to get some opinions from the community about how to proceed on the following issue:

Now that we've added dynamic content capabilities to user assistance, we are faced with having to support searching this content. There are two basic approaches we can take, with advantages and disadvantages to each. I would like to know which one will be most acceptable to users.

1. Show the results accurately, but at a potentially significant performance hit (depending on how many documents you have with dynamic content).
2. Show all potential hits. This means it will find things in sections that would be filtered if you were to open the document. There is no performance loss here.

It would be possible to do both approaches, and allow the user to switch, in which case we would pick a default.

So the basic question is: Which one is most important for searching, accuracy or speed?

Thanks,
Curtis d'Entremont
Eclipse User Assistance
IBM Toronto Lab