Re: [platform-ua-dev] Question regarding Infocenter mode

For the content, I would start by looking at the contentProducer extension point in org.eclipse.help. This should get you the content, but not the toc. For the toc, we are aiming to have dynamic content for 3.2. By dynamic content I mean filtering by os, arch, system property, activity, etc, includes, and anchors. I'm not sure if this will be enough for you though, as it sounds like your toc needs to be generated entirely on the fly.

Dorian or Dejan, is there currently a way to do this kind of thing?

Thanks,
Curtis d'Entremont
Eclipse User Assistance
IBM Toronto Lab

Phone: (905) 413-5754
E-Mail: curtispd@xxxxxxxxxx

Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

23/01/2006 05:55 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform User Assistance component developers list."

"Eclipse Platform User Assistance component developers list." <platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Goss Nuzzo-jones <gnuzzojo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [platform-ua-dev] Question regarding Infocenter mode

The goal is to add to the existing help system implementation. We plan to add a SCORM eLearning system ontop of the existing help system where users can add SCORM to their existing content.

Another issue we are looking to tackle is that we have to generate the TOC for these content plugins. The TOC can be dynamic (as defined in SCORM), so entries can be "hidden" or remove at will. I was going to take a look at the DynamicContentProducer along with some recent additions to see what can be done.

Is that enough information to go on?

Cheers,

----
Chris Aniszczyk
IBM Tivoli Security / Eclipse Software Developer <zx@xxxxxxxxxx>
+1 860.839.2465

"Curtis D'Entremont" <curtispd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/23/2006 04:39 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform User Assistance component developers list." <platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform User Assistance component developers list." <platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-ua-dev] Question regarding Infocenter mode

Hi Chris,

I was wondering if you could clarify the requirement for me - are you looking to simply contribute content to the infocenter, or replace/add to the existing help system implementation? If the latter, could I know your end goal so that we can find the best solution to get to it?  Currently the WebAppManager is not API and as such shouldn't be used directly.

Thanks,

Curtis d'Entremont
Eclipse User Assistance
IBM Toronto Lab

Phone: (905) 413-5754
E-Mail: curtispd@xxxxxxxxxx

Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

23/01/2006 05:17 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform User Assistance component developers list."

platform-ua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-ua-dev] Question regarding Infocenter mode

Hello Ya'll

I have a question regarding a best practice with infocenter mode. I have to install a webapp via WebAppManager once the infocenter is started (only once). This happened before in a plugin's earlyStartup() method but doesn't apply to infocenter mode. Is there a best practice regarding this?

Cheers,

----