Re: [platform-text-dev] Extending Text Editors with Rich Text (embedded controls & images)

Hi everyone

I am studying how to create a text editor with the following two characteristics.

Could someone please give me some directions where I can find basic clues/ideas how to do this?

1- In the same view, I would like to keep some parts of the text read-only and some other parts writable.

2- I would like to have some sort of limited "Rich Text" capabilities. For example I want to replace numbers with a drop box of numbers that the user can click and choose from (instead of typing anything or instead of auto-complete). I rather not reinvent the wheel for existing editors though - so I am wondering if this is possible at all? To use existing components and modify them a little so not to create them again just to add this kind of support? Possible? Not possible?

3- Can we change the way errors look like? Instead of a red underline, to draw a light oval behind the error area?

Thanks
Ramin

Back to the top