Re: [platform-text-dev] Hovering: how NOT to open external browser when click on Hyper Link

This is dealt with in JDT. I suggest you start by taking a look at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavadocHover.

Dani

From:        my selenium <my.selenium.name@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        06.09.2013 13:52
Subject:        [platform-text-dev] Hovering: how NOT to open external browser when        click on Hyper Link
Sent by:        platform-text-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear all,

This questions deals with Eclipse Juno (4.2) and probably Xtext 2.4.2. Over how I could put a breakpoint somewhere to see the behavior flow when I click on an anchored link inside the Tooltip/Hovering window.

I am building a plugin for Eclipse using XText (http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/). With a dedicated Domain Specific Language I have created I can achieve about 60% of User Assisting features that Eclipse offers to Java. That means I have Syntax Coloring, Syntax Validation, Content Assist, Formatting, Outline, QuickFix.

With the hovering feature, now I have a problem: Within the small window opened right after I hover on a function name, if I click on an anchored link then there will be a new system browser (say Firefox) opened. But I don't want that.

I want to stay inside that small window, exactly like when I navigate around through the anchored link in the window for Tooltip/Hover that Eclipse offers to Java.

I did a litle search, JFaceText bubbles up, but I cannot set breakpoints anywhere to debug the flow of behavior of the OnClick event that deals with that hyper text. I have tried to put breakpoints anywhere in any of the JFaceTextUtils, JFaceTextMessage, JFaceResources, JFaceUtil, ..., but not succeed.

Any help is welcome,
Many Thanks

Jan,