Re: [platform-text-dev] TextEditor.isEditable()

Hi Joern,

you might want to take a look at
ITextEditorExtension2.isEditorInputModifiable()

Please post future questions to the newsgroups. This list is intended for
the development of Eclipse itself.

Dani

             Joern Kottmann
             <kottmann@gmail.c
             Sent by:                  platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-text-dev                                          cc
             -bounces@eclipse.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       [platform-text-dev]
                                       TextEditor.isEditable()
             17.02.2006 15:31

             Please respond to
             Eclipse Platform
              Text component
              developers list
             <platform-text-de
              v@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I am working on a tool to annotate linguistic texts with meta information,
for this I have a class AnnotationEdior (extends TextEditor).
(here is a screenshot:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=157887 )

In the annotation editor I want to disable all text editing. I only want
to add and remove annotations. For this the user marks a certain
area of text and presses than shift + enter (smart insert). In this area
a new annotation is created.

I overwrite TextEditor.isEditable() (now returns always false).
But there are many text editing functions still enabled for example
to upper/lower case, move line up/down, etc.

I also would like to disable search & replace (like on .class file
documents).

What must I do to do this right ?

You can take a look at the code:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tae/net.sf.tae/src/net/sf/tae/editor/AnnotationEditor.java?rev=1.3&view=markup