Re: [platform-text-dev] Formatter Deprecations

My 2.1.x  Content formatter is broken in V 3.0, M9.

The formatter implements  org.eclipse.jface.text.formatter.IFormattingStrategy#format(String,  *      boolean, String, int[]).
 It does not appear that this method is ever called now.

Is breakage of the 2.1.x style of formatting unintentional?

Thanks,
Scott Fairbrother
Eclipse/WebSphere Studio Jumpstart Team
607 Pinewood Dr
Apex , NC 27502

Voice : 919-367-9345  TL:  223-7851

The Java Developer's Guide to Eclipse - http://www.aw.com/catalog/academic/product/1,4096,0321159640,00.html?type=PRE
WebSphere Studio - http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/adstudio
Ready for WebSphere Studio partner program - http://www.developer.ibm.com/websphere/ready.html

Scott Fairbrother/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: platform-text-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/22/2004 12:13 PM

Please respond to
platform-text-dev

platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-text-dev] Formatter Deprecations

Hi Kai,

I'm reworking my SQL text editor formatter to use ContextBasedFormattingStrategy.  Should the following format method be depricated;  I assumed that the method was valid, however it was never called.

/**

  * @see org.eclipse.jface.text.formatter.IFormattingStrategy#format(String,

  *      boolean, String, int[])

  */

 public String format(String content, boolean isLineStart,

     String indentation, int[] positions)

Thanks,
Scott Fairbrother
Eclipse/WebSphere Studio Jumpstart Team