[platform-text-dev] formatter deprecations

Kai,

I am attempting to rework the ant editor formatter to use the
MultiPassContentFormatter and remove references to recently deprecated
methods. I am not clear about what is meant by a comment in the
ContextBasedFormattingStrategy:

> Also set and use the property value of
> {@link FormattingContextProperties#CONTEXT_MEDIUM})
> in order to access the document.

The ContextBasedFormattingStrategy does not keep a reference to the
IFormattingContext so I am not clear on where I would set this. Shouldn't
this be the responsibility of the MultiPassContentFormatter since it both
has a reference to the IDocument and passes the context to the strategy in
IFormattingStrategyExtension.formatterStarts(IFormattingContext)? The
ContextBasedFormattingStrategy could then make this available to subclasses
just as it does the preferences (c.f.
ContextBasedFormattingStrategy.formatterStarts(IFormattingContext) ).

Thanks for your help,

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
Pearson Educational Measurement - eMeasurement Group

2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
ph. 319-354-9200x6214
john-mason.shackelford@xxxxxxxxxxx