Re: [platform-text-dev] Columnar Selection

You would have to change all text selection dependent code, i.e. method returning a text selection, methods accepting a text selection, and all method working on text selections. A text selection would no longer be a region but most likely an array of regions.
Kai

At 10:19 AM 7/30/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Thanks.

What would be the main obstacles to implementing this ?

I do remember looking through the editor toolkit in version 1.0 of Eclipse and noting that a number of methods would need to be changed. Haven't looked more recently though.

With Regards

John
----- Original Message -----
From: Kai-Uwe Maetzel
To: platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [platform-text-dev] Columnar Selection

No, this is not yet planned.
Kai

At 09:59 AM 7/30/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Is there any planning for columnar selection in the editor toolkit ?

Clarification: Columnar selection is the ability to select a rectangular
area of the text editor i.e. if the selection starts on column 10, row 5 and
ends on column 50, row 50 only text within the area defined by  the
rectangle (10, 5), (50,50) will be selected.

When I was using Codewright full-time this was one of my most commonly used
selection modes and it would be great to have this within Eclipse

Regards

John