RE: [platform-team-dev] Integrating VSS and Eclipse with force.com IDE

Priya,
you should probably reach someone from the VSS team to answer. The Team component provides only infrastructure for Team Providers (like CVS, SVN and probably VSS) to plug-in. From your description seems like some file locking might take place which is VSS specific.

VSS help forum:
VSS bug tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=473011&group_id=54205&func=browse

Regards,
Paweł
---------------------
Pawel Pogorzelski
Software Engineer
IBM SWG Krakow Lab, Poland

IBM Polska Sp. z o.o. oddzial w Krakowie
ul. Armii Krajowej 18
30-150 Krakow
tel. +48-12-628-9682

NIP: 526-030-07-24
Sad Rejonowy dla m.st.Warszawy, XIII Wydzial Gospodarczy KRS
KRS 0000012941, Kapital zakladowy: 33.000.000 PLN

Priya Nair <Priya_Nair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

2009-02-18 11:10

Please respond to
Generic team support framework <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Generic team support framework'" <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-team-dev] Integrating VSS and Eclipse with force.com IDE

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for the response.

We are working on salesforce platform and have integrated our eclipse with salesforce and VSS. We have taken all the codes from salesforce and through eclipse stored it in VSS. So everytime we update a code we check out from VSS and check in back to VSS after update. In vss the codes are stored in different folders. There is a package.xml file for each folder which is checked out once a user checks out a file from that folder. So if two users are updating codes under same folder then we are not able to commit the changes back to VSS since the package.xml is checked out in one user name. Eclipse is getting hanged and one user has to close eclipse in order to continue working for the other user.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Priya Nair
STAR Development Team | Infosys Technologies Limited

Re: [platform-team-dev] Integrating VSS and Eclipse with force.com IDE

Priya,

could you provide more detailed steps? I'm not sure what your environment is and what you're trying to do.

Also, if you feel it's a problem with Team, please report a bug to track this.

Regards,
Paweł

------------------

Pawel Pogorzelski
Software Engineer
IBM SWG Krakow Lab, Poland

IBM Polska Sp. z o.o. oddzial w Krakowie
ul. Armii Krajowej 18
30-150 Krakow
tel. +48-12-628-9682

NIP: 526-030-07-24
Sad Rejonowy dla m.st.Warszawy, XIII Wydzial Gospodarczy KRS
KRS 0000012941, Kapital zakladowy: 33.000.000 PLN

Priya Nair <Priya_Nair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

2009-02-11 03:37

Please respond to
Generic team support framework <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-team-dev] Integrating VSS and Eclipse with force.com IDE

Hi,

We have integrated VSS and Eclipse with force.com IDE. So everytime we update a code we check out from VSS and check in back after update. But if two users are updating different files say Trigger A and Trigger B the eclipse is getting hanged and we are not able to commit the changes that is performed. Could anyone please guide me what could be reason for this? And also how it can be solved.

Thanks

Priya Nair

STAR Development Team | Infosys Technologies Limited

Infosys e-mail system.