From: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Valenta
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 11:27 AM
To: Generic team support framework
Subject: Re: [platform-team-dev] How do I enable "Open In Compare Editor"on model object?

Tom,

You may have already red this but this link dscribes all the steps to implement logical model support:

http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/team_model_model.htm

For your sepcific question, you may want to look at the ISynchronizationCompareAdapter interface.

Michael

"Tom Lennan" <tlennan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/07/2008 04:54 PM

Please respond to
Generic team support framework <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[platform-team-dev] How do I enable "Open In Compare Editor" on        model object?

Hi all,

I’m working on integrating our logical model with the team stuff and think it’ll work great for our customers.  However, I’m stuck at the 80% implementation complete point in my integration and hope that someone can help me out.

Background: We utilize a variety of XML files as the persistence files for our logical model.  We wish to completely abstract the user’s experience of conflict resolution in that we don’t want the user to ever have to think about the underlying XML files that make up our model.

Success to this point: I’ve cribbed off the file based Logical Model sample to get my model to display in Synchronize view.   I seemed to need to use the IPipelinedTreeContentProvider to “reshape” the Synchronize view content to provide the level of abstraction we are looking for (i.e. XML files do not appear anywhere in the hierarchy).

Issue:  Now that I have my nicely “reshaped” model representation, how can I enable the “Open In Compare Editor” operation on my logical model object nodes?  It seems like this context menu item is only available on actual IResource objects.  I read that I should adapt model elements to ResourceMapping to allow resource based operations to appear on these elements.  I believe I’m doing that correctly, but I still do not get the context menu items I want.

Am I misunderstanding how the logical model integration is supposed to work or have I likely failed to implement some key piece of code and/or extension point in the plugin.xml?

I’m not sending off code snippets at this point until I hear back from someone whether my understanding of the logical model integration is completely off.

Thanks for your help!

Tom