[platform-team-dev] Programmatically Performing Source Control actions

Title: Programmatically Performing Source Control actions

Given a project on disk, I want to explicitly control the state of the file in source control (i.e. make changes then submit programmatically) rather than forcing the user to do this.  Does the Team API provide an interface to do this in a general context?  Or is the interaction with source control provided in the specific implementation, but not in the API?

For example in the CVSTeamProvider (extends RepositoryProvider), there is a method call edit(…), which checks out the resource in CVS but is not exposed in the base RepositoryProvider class, which would require me to use the CVS impl. object to do interactions with CVS.  Am I correct in assuming that if we want to interact with checkouts/checkins, this can not be done generically through the Team API?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Back to the top