[platform-team-dev] Internal ChangeSet API and Eclipse 3.2

We are trying to add support for Outgoing ChangeSets in the Synchronize
view within Subclipse.  We need to support this feature in Eclipse 3.1+.
As you are well aware, this is all still internal API, even at 3.2.  Users
do not really care, they want the feature and do not want to wait for some
future version of Eclipse to get the feature.

We were hoping to provide something that worked in 3.1 and 3.2 and then,
assuming there is a public API in the next release, we could jump to that
version.

That being said the API has changed enough between 3.1 and 3.2 that this
currently seems impossible without having different versions of Eclipse
for each version.  Is there any chance of reinstating some of the 3.1 API,
marking it deprecated, and perhaps having it internally use the new 3.2
API?

In particular, these are the errors I am seeing with our working 3.1 code
when trying to compile in 3.2:

The import
org.eclipse.team.internal.core.subscribers.SubscriberChangeSetCollector
cannot be resolved
The method add(IResource[]) in the type ActiveChangeSet is not applicable
for the arguments
The method createSet(String, IFile[]) in the type ActiveChangeSetManager
is not applicable for the arguments

Thanks

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.