RE: [platform-team-dev] Customizing IResourceVariant labelsinthe compare editor

It would appear so. You're only other option would be to have the IResourceVariant#getContentIdentifier return something that is more human consumable.

Michael

"Vladimir Grishchenko" <vladgri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/02/2006 03:28 PM

Please respond to
Generic team support framework

"'Generic team support framework'" <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-team-dev] Customizing IResourceVariant        labelsinthe        compare editor

For the record, I checked and it was added in 3.1. Am I out of luck here?

RE: [platform-team-dev] Customizing IResourceVariant labelsinthe compare editor

There is no such method, at least not in 3.0.x code which is our main platform for the time being :(

Re: [platform-team-dev] Customizing IResourceVariant labels inthe compare editor

Vladimir,

You can override the prepareInput method of ISynchronizeParticipant and set the labels to whatever you like.

Michael

"Vladimir Grishchenko" <vladgri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/02/2006 01:54 PM

Please respond to
Generic team support framework

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-team-dev] Customizing IResourceVariant labels in the        compare editor

Hi,

The labels displayed for the ancestor and remote parts of the compare editor
opened from the synchronize view default to include variant's content
identifier. In our case the content identifier value is not very user
friendly and we'd like to show an alternate label. Looking at the
synchronize ui source code (Eclipse 3.0.x) it seems there is no easy "API"
way to change this behavior as SyncInfoCompareInput is created in one of the
internal classes and there is no way to supply a customized
CompareConfiguration. Is it the way I see it or I'm missing something?

Thanks and regards,
Vladimir.