[platform-team-dev] Customizing IResourceVariant labels in the compare editor

Hi,

The labels displayed for the ancestor and remote parts of the compare editor
opened from the synchronize view default to include variant's content
identifier. In our case the content identifier value is not very user
friendly and we'd like to show an alternate label. Looking at the
synchronize ui source code (Eclipse 3.0.x) it seems there is no easy "API"
way to change this behavior as SyncInfoCompareInput is created in one of the
internal classes and there is no way to supply a customized
CompareConfiguration. Is it the way I see it or I'm missing something?

Thanks and regards,
Vladimir.

Back to the top