Re: [platform-team-dev] CVS plugin - excluding the class files

Asaf,

That's odd because the Eclipse Java builder marks the .class files and build packages as derived and CVS ignores derived resources. Are you using Eclipse to build your Java code or do you use a custom builder like ANT?

Michael

Asaf Lahav <asaf.lahav@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/22/2006 02:10 PM

Please respond to
Generic team support framework

"'Generic team support framework'" <platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-team-dev] CVS plugin - excluding the class files

Hi all,

I'm a new user of the eclipse CVS plugin.
For some reason the eclipse CVS plugin includes the .class files while sharing a project. And therefore everytime I perform a complete build of the entire code, it specifies all the .class files for outgoing changes.
I'm not interested in including the .class files in the cvs repository.
What I would like to happen is that the CVS will include only the java files and file which are relevant for the eclipse workspace… and not save the .class files in the CVS repository.
Is it possible to exclude the .CLASS files from the shared project CVS?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf Lahav
VP R&D, Prima Grid LTD.
Cellular:  972-54-4717955