[platform-team-dev] cvs file deletion problem

Hi all, I've just recently upgraded to Eclipse 3.1 and have noticed a problem when I delete a file in CVS. I was wondering if this is a known bug? Here's an overview of my setup:

My project has a lib dir in which we keep our jar files checked in (yes, i know this isn't a great idea). Our project relies on a second project within our organization. Regularly, we rebuild and replace the second project jar file. When we do this, we remove the existing file "jstor-common-20050916.jar" from CVS and then add a new file "jstor-common-DATE.jar".

Now, we also use the patch mechanism. We create a patch and then apply it on a developer integration machine. When applying the patch, it shows that the jar file should be removed, but then it fails to remove it.(This might be a windows file issue) Regardless, I do whatever I need to remove the file and then commit the changes to CVS.

Here's where the problem happens. On another developers machine, they synchronize with the checked in files. This also seems to fail removing the jar file. Now, however, as soon as this other developer creates a patch, Eclipse tries to re-checkin the deleted jar file as if they had added it. I don't see this problem with .java files, so maybe it's just a binary file problem, or maybe windows is just preventing the file from being deleted and the synch doesn't show the error.

This had been working fine until we upgraded from Eclipse 3.0.1 to 3.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

Back to the top