Re: [platform-team-dev] Refresh project.

Why do you want to refresh the project when someone is moving a file? In 3.0, there is an auto-refresh option that will accomplish this in a cleaner fashion. I believe it will be on by default but, if not, you can always configure your product (or inform your users) that they should enable this options. This freature will automatically refesh files that are out-of-sync. On Windows and Linux, native support is used to improve the efficiency of out-of-sync resource detection.

Also, to perform a project refresh within a file move would require you (the RepositoryProvider implementor) to provide a rule factory that locked the project for all move operations on the resources in that project. This could have an adverse effect on system responsiveness so I would highly discourage it.

Michael

"Kadadi, Usha D" <Usha.Kadadi@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/05/2004 09:01 AM

Please respond to
platform-team-dev

<platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-team-dev] Refresh project.

Hi,
In the following method

public boolean moveFile(
IResourceTree tree,IFile  source,

 IFile destination,
                       int updateFlags,

 IProgressMonitor monitor)
of
Interface IMoveDeleteHook
I would like to refresh the project similar to clicking on the project and running the menu option file ->refresh. How can i accomplish this. If it is a file. I would choose source.refreshlocal(depth,monitor). I have also tried using DEPTH_INFINITE in the refreshlocal method.But this does not seem to refresh the project.

Any suggestions how i could refresh the project in this method ?

Thanks

Back to the top