Re: [platform-team-dev] Updates to FTPClient and Util to handle mainframe ftp listings

Hi Steven,
One of the problems implementing an FTP client is that the spec for
listings is not well
defined and varies a lot between FTP implementations. We had often thought
of adding
pluggable parsers to support the different FTP formats but never got
around to it. As a result, the
best way to contribute your code would be to open a bug report against the
Team component
and attach your patches.
Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Steven M Cherry <smc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-team-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/08/2004 04:54 PM
Please respond to
platform-team-dev

platform-team-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-team-dev] Updates to FTPClient and Util to handle mainframe ftp
listings

Hi All,

My company is building an application on top of eclipse, and one of
the things we need to be able to do is to make an FTP connection to
a mainframe and browse the datasets and members via the FTP connection.
I started using the org.eclipse.team.internal.ftp set of classes, but
found that it didn't handle the mainframe FTP listings.  This didn't
really surprize me as the listings are _very_ different from any
DOS or UNIX listing.

Anyway, long story short, I've added FTPClient.listFilesMVS(...) and
Util.parseMVSLine(...) functions to the code set.  I'd like to submit
these back to the group for review and possible inclusion in the
base codeset.

What is the preferred form of contribution?  I've got a diff file
that I can post here, or I can send the code, diffs, etc. to a
specific individual if that is better.  Just let me know.

Thanks,

Steven