[platform-team-dev] M8 testing

Here is the combined Team/CVS test plan for M8.  We've been busy the last
month and have over 120 bugs fixed and many new enhancements. It will be
hard to get full coverage, but we should focus on the new code to start
with. As usual, any help is appreciated.

I would recommend that testing be done in both new clean workspaces and
alternately in huge workspaces (e.g. I use a workspace with all projects
from dev.eclipse.org loaded).

Most of our milestone plan items have been met, with the exception of
logical resources being postponed until after 3.0. We have also started to
add documentation for the Synchronize APIs but beware that it is work in
progress.

Michael
- [NEW] Problem markers in Synchronize View
- [NEW] Global synchronize action
- CVS Console (should not be enabled at startup anymore)
- [NEW] Synchronize prompting (before for perspective switching, after)
- Merging
- Replace With/Compare With
- [NEW] Ensure documentation is in the builds (javadoc and initial ISV
documentation)

Jean-Michel
- [NEW] FTP/Dav plug-ins ported to new sync APIs. Testing of export/import
and synchronize view.
- Initialization of synchronize view with large workspaces (cancellation
support and error recovery)
- [NEW] Sharing Wizard improvements
- [NEW] New release wizard
- Fixed SSH2 bugs